MBBS IN LITHUANIA
Lithuania, formally the Republic of Lithuania, is a country which is situated in the Baltic region of Europe. It is one of three Baltic states. Its capital is Vilnius and Lithuanian is the official language. It is a country with a 100% literacy rate and Euro currency. MBBS course ( known as MD in this country) is of 6 year duration and Lithuanian language is mandatory for getting an internship there. Some of the major cities in Lithuania are Vilnius and Klaipeda.
WHY MBBS IN LITHUANIA
Lithuania medical schools have excellent infrastructure and high-quality educational facilities. Lithuania provides academic buildings attached with hostel facilities. Lithuania has a high quality faculty system, well equipped laboratories and enormous libraries. Also it provides a vast exposure and multicultural environment. The visa process of Lithuania is easier than other countries. Medical universities offer on-campus MCI training, internships and greater career opportunities. As the authoritative language and medium of teaching in Lithuania is English, the process of learning becomes easy. There is no need for any TOEFL or IELTS exam to take admission. Medical Colleges/Universities in Lithuania are accredited by WHO and MCI. Medical education follows that of the United States, which gives many opportunities to work in developed countries like America, UK, Canada, Australia etc.
- Lithuania has an average FMGE result of 100%.
COURSE DURATION OF MBBS IN LITHUANIA
MBBS course is of 6 year duration in Lithuania. This involves an internship program in the Government and private hospitals for a year.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR MBBS IN LITHUANIA
- The candidate should be a minimum of 17 years of age and maximum age limit is 25 years.
- Applicants must have opted Science (Physics, Chemistry, & Biology) as a stream in class 12th.
- The gap after 12th should not exceed 2 years
- General category students must have a score of 60%, while reserved category students require 40% to qualify for admission.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR MBBS ADMISSION IN LITHUANIA
- Original and Scanned Mark sheet of Class 10th & 12th.
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- ID proof like Aadhar, Voter ID card etc.
- Non criminal certificate by Police
- Bank statement of parents Accounts
- A Valid passport
- Legalized student’s VISA
- 10-12 Passport size photo
MAJOR MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN LITHUANIA
ü Kaunas University of Medicine
ü Lithuanian University of Health Sciences